Lyrics, poetry and art all meshed together

Monday, May 29, 2006

Time to go home

I can't wait to head back to NY...it's been an eventful weekend with my nieces and now I'm seeking some peace and quiet. I got an e-mail today from Cleansheets.com and they would like to use one of my poems in their magazine and website, i'm very excited. I had sent them four poems and they chose "Calypso Heat Under A Tin Roof".

I can't believe how the month of May is really over, in a blink of an eye and I'm wondering what did I do that month besides working on my poems and website? Basically nada, lol, no break for a writer like myself. I am itching to get home so I can continue with the short story i'm working on and some more poems.

My father called me yesterday, he saw my website and was very impressed. I'm glad he liked. He loved the pictures and wants me to send him some on a disc. He just loves collecting pictures as if he wants to hold on to the past. It's fine by me.

2 comments:

Bougie Black Boy said...

Congrats on getting the poems accepted to be published. And your book of poetry. Good to see a fellow NY'er online and doing well with writing as well. Look forward to possibly networking in the future.

Delaleuverses said...

Thanks for the love Bougie