I've been tagged by Snarkly Black Chicks
It's a very interesting tag and couldn't help but respond.
Here are 7 delectable things you don't know about me
1. I'm addicted to chocolate chip scones at Whole Foods
2. Like to eat fresh snow before it touches the ground...i'm not the only one who does it, i'm sure, lol
3. I'm anal about people walking barefoot in my apartment
4. by nature, a homebody, doesn't take much to make me happy...being home with a home cooked meal, poetry and some movies are satisfying enough
5. I'll wake up at 5am on a Saturday or Sunday to paint then go back to bed at 10am
6. Love to write poetry at the strangest hours, for example at 2am when ideas and words flow into my dreams then i'll go back to bed
7. I love, love, love the 18th century era from songs to movies, something about that period leaves me breathless, the era of Catherine the great, get it? name is Cathy so i'm thinking I am a reproduction of her in spirit :) since I'm fascinated by the language, how they lived, how they loved...favorite movie of all time is Pride and Prejudice, another favorite is The Piano.
Lyrics, poetry and art all meshed together
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Saturday, January 05, 2008
I cooked over the weekend using the ingredients pictured on top, it was yummy. I made salmon, plantain, sweet potatoe, carrots, spinach and string beans. It was delish!!
There's nothing like a good home cooked meal, remote control and a good movie :)
I watched two movies: I Am Legend and Enchanted, both were good. Will Smith was shirtless and left me breathless :)
“Where are you going?” he questioned with a smirk
“I’m hot, want some ice cream,” was my response with a smile.
“I know you’re hot,” he pulled me close. “I can cool you off.”
“Well, you can start with some vanilla Swiss almond ice cream”
“And then some,” he chuckled, lifting me swiftly off the floor.
Marvin Gaye’s “I want you” was our interlude, caressing my ears.
His lips warm and demanding flew me back to Saint Martin where we met.
He carried me to the dining table. Yes, the dining table was our spot and then we would travel to the living room, and finally the last round would be the bedroom and to finish off we showered together.
“Where would you like to go next?” he asked.
“We can scroll back to the dining room,” was my proposal.
©2008 C. Delaleu
Posted by Lyrically speaking at 5:38 PM
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
Hope you all have a healthy, blessed New Year. My California trip was great, the weather wasn't hot or cold, just perfect 60/70 degrees like early spring days in NY. It came to an end when I returned back to NY where the cold air slapped me to reality. These pics were taken at Santa Monica 3rd Street Promenade in Cali, I was strolling with my Jamba Juice in hand and noticed all these cool art around me. The painting on top (Lady of soul in heels) is my first art created for 2008.
Well, it's time to set some goals which I made a wish list since November. I don't literally write a list on paper, normally it's in my head and I keep it at 5. Two years ago I had 10 on the list and was greatly disappointed at myself and since then I decided to keep it simple.
So, what are your goals for 2008? What do you plan to accomplish?
Posted by Lyrically speaking at 8:29 PM