The Power of Forgiveness
With all my heart I want to hate you
Emotions way overdue
You left us in a plane to Haiti
Told us it was a vacation
Deep down inside I knew you lied
We were kids we couldn’t fight
Had no choice without a voice
Six years of waiting
You never showed
I vowed to hate you
We lived with strangers who ate our cereal
Claimed they were family
Abused by hungry fingers
In the dark I prayed for Jesus
Had sweet dreams of my salvation
Stuck in a world of alienation
My spirit slowly died inside
I ask myself, Mom why you lied?
After six years we came to you
Saw in your eyes what you’ve been through
Our father left
You had three jobs
We were your angels
Alone in the dark
You felt we needed a fresh start
That’s why we were so far apart
Now I do appreciate your efforts
Even though I feel extreme anger
You kiss my tears
Your arms protect me
Tell me you’re sorry
I grimly smile
End of story
©2005 by Cathy Delaleu
art by Delaleu
I was tagged by the lovely Miss Blu Jewel, i'm not a fan of tagging but this one was interesting enough to get my attention.
Link the person who tagged you.
Mention the rules in your blog.
Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged. Here goes:
1. You're on the bus or train, do we really need to hear the convo. you're having on your cell? I find it ridiculous. Also, you know damn well that once the train goes under the tunnel, you don't get any reception, so why pretend you can still hear the person on the other line? We know you can't. Duh.
2. I don't like standing in long lines at the store, I rather put my merchandise away then to stand there
3. If someone else cooked the meat I won't eat it, unless it's from my mom or sister. I'm very anal about eating meat at someone's home, meat should be clean first with vinegar or lemons before it's cooked. Well, that's how I was taught by mother dearest.
4. I'm in the habit of closing doors and turning off lights, why leave the light on if you're not using it? Save energy :)
5. I'm always on right on time or too early
6. Hate TV commercials with a passion, I rather click the mute button then to hear the same old ads
Lyrics, poetry and art all meshed together