Lyrics, poetry and art all meshed together

Sunday, December 16, 2007





1. Parabole of Joy (sold)

2. Twinkle Little Star

3. Avalanche

Bamboozled

I envy her loss
The one she feeds with her eyes
Unhappy with her accomplishments
She grabs hard-earned tears
Stash them in piggy banks
Re-edit dreams with a sweet tongue
Sabotage spoken word as rape
She might as well carry a knife under her kinte dress
Her sweet smile only last a minute
She begs to read your words when everyone’s asleep
Swears that’s the only way you’ll make money
In fact
You’ll be more popular by standing right behind her
She hustle manuscripts like virgin records
Says she’s here for her people
“They need me to recognize their struggle”
she’s creative with excuses
reads the Bible to alleviate guilt
can’t you see?
the mask she wears is your own
Your very own dream is her award
Beware
Beware
She chants your verses in her sleep
©2007 C. Delaleu


USELESS
The heart is useless
Given too many choices
Emotions thrown at the curb
Lust given away for free on the #4 train
Afraid of consequences
Useless
this heart hums in Creole
My mother’s tongue wrapped around the trachea
Like chilled coconut juice
Useless
this thick organ of predictability
Stuffed with false intentions
Lanes of noiseless kisses
Fantasies made for an 8 year old
Who chats under the sheets with dolls
Devious is this heart
With a motive to kill vessels
I keep it secluded beneath train tracks and buses
Burning ashes like an Indian in mourning
Prayers sent to ancestors who did the same
Women who opened their heart too quickly
Estimates their lungs will swell
With each proposal
©2007 C. Delaleu


Hope all of you enjoy your holidays and the New Year, i'll be in sunny California...need to get away from this New York cold. When I get back I will spoil you with more poetry and pics. Stay warm :)

18 comments:

fuzzy said...

do you have anything that is long in the horizontal sense? I need a painting for my room to liven it up...

Lyrically speaking said...

Hi Fuzzy, yes I do have horizontal paintings, feel free to email me at cathy@delaleuwritings.com and i'll email you some pics

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

I simple can relate to usless - great piece hon

Blu Jewel said...

i can see a little of my own emotions in each of the poems.

Best wishes for the holiday season and may your time in Cali be relaxing.

Xave said...

Hello my dear... Always a pleasure visiting with you. So... do you have any pics of you in that Wonder Woman swim suit? Inquiring minds want to see! LOL

XOX

Peace and Love,

Ali's Zay (A Lover's Dream)

Cante said...

Lovin' the art every step of the way.

get zapped said...

I really like "Parabole of Joy", and am happy you made a sale, but I was thinking -yes, that is one I would like. I love seeing your art and talent grow. I hope you have a glorious holiday in sunny CA!

Peace and joy~

Writing on Board said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Xave said...

You have been tagged! See my latest post

Peace and Love,

Ali's Zay (LoversA.blogspot.com)

Gemini Girl aka GG said...

wow didn't realize i'd been gone this long...
I'm am one of those that give of their heart easily and quickly and once its captured I pull it back close to me...it never mends this way..its caught in a tug of war..battered and torn..

Happy New Year my friend!

constance wong said...

Hi LS! Christmas is just a few days away...here's wishing you and loved ones a blessed Christmas!

Writing on Board said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
paris parfait said...

Wonderful poem and art, Cathy! Wishing you and yours the happiest of holidays!

Kai said...

merry xmas!

Kai said...

hi miss cathy,
i hope your chrstmas was bittersweet!
mine was good.

you have been tag! come and look at kai's poetry

Stephen A. Bess said...

Happy New Year, Cathy!

Writing on Board said...

Happy New Year Cathy!

Lyrically speaking said...

Torrance: Thank you, i'm sure many can relate to "useless"

Blu Jewel, Xavier, Cante: Thank you

GetZapped: Thanks

Gemini: It's good to see you here

Constance: Thanks for the lovely visit

Paris, Kai, Stephen, Writer on Board: Thank you, enjoy this holiday and New Year. Much blessings to you all.