Lyrics, poetry and art all meshed together

Thursday, April 16, 2009

I am BACK to reality...I was away for almost 3 weeks and it was all worth it. I can't begin to tell you what a blast I had between promoting my poetry book, art and also spending time with friends and family. I don't even know where to start, but gladly I'll share pics of course.



One girlfriend I went to school with in Haiti, reunited after 24 years of not seeing each other.

My booksigning in Florida


Delaleu all bundled up on the Q train to Manhattan...hoooorray!!




My first poetry booksigning and art sale in Florida at Margate was such an eventful night, I will never forget it. It was the first time my father and his wife saw me perform on stage, including my cousins and aunt, my sister was also there and they were elated. Of course I took them by surprise with my sensual poems :) hehehehe
After the show, my father came up to me to say how proud he was. This was my first performance in almost 2 years, cause as many of you know, I had a stroke last May and had to move out of NY due to my battle with lupus. But, I've gained my strenght back, both spiritually and emotionally and with the support and love of my family and close friends. Sometimes, life bites you in the butt for a reason and only for a season in order to appreciate the moments you take for granted.
Mom and I at my cousin's wedding reception, it was a beautiful sunny day in Long Island


Reunited with friends I went to school with in Haiti over 20 years ago, I left Haiti at 13 years old, so it's been 24 years since I last saw those girls...it was a great reunion. I didn't sleep at all. We ate at a Cuban restaurant in Manhattan and stayed there close to three hours, chatting the night away.







Timesquare was a blast, I played tourist as if I've never been to NY or never lived there.

10 comments:

TRYBES said...

Wow..Im first...I saw that you been on my page...and have been here readin through lots of your post.Really shows you been around a long while ago..i love your post and the sensuality you add to each one of them..hope to read more about you and certainly would be here again...

Harlem Purl said...

I'm glad you're back to your old self. Like I said before, you look great and I'm so proud of all that you've accomplished!

get zapped said...

Simply marvelous! You look and sound so happy and healthy. What a delight it must have been to have your father say what he did. You moved me with this and it's great to have you back. Congrats!!

No rush on the gift. I'm totally cool with it.

Peace ~mar

Ty said...

Yeah, I am so mad that we couldn't meet up this time while you were in town. Don't make me come out that way. LOL Glad to see you regaining your stride.

Lyrically speaking said...

Lumidee: Thanks fo the visit, come back again to kick back and relax

Harlem Purl: It was great seeing you, thanks so much, yes, feeling much better

Get Zapped: Thanks, feeling blessed and much healthier

Ty: There was no time, lol, you know how fast time flies in NY, you can't even sit still and breathe over there...i'll let you know when I come back again

Dancing with Light said...

So glad to read this update and to know you are Well & !!Happy!Happy!Happy!!

Peace to You Miss Dela -
Cairenn

Lyrically speaking said...

Caireen: Thanks so much for the love, it's been a while, great to see you here, come again

paris parfait said...

It is wonderful to see you looking so happy and healthy, surrounded by good wishes and love from friends and admirers. Am thrilled for your success! Congratulations, Cathy. Well-deserved recognition.

Cidersweet said...

Hi!
Ok, I didn't have too much time to read thru all your latest posts, but your blog is lovely already. Wow.
Congrats on your poetry recital, meeting up with friends, life, and you look so peaceful too.

Lyrically speaking said...

Madame Parfait:Merci pour l'amour,lol, yes, feeling happier and better

Cidersweet: great to see you here, thanks for the visit, come again