FLOWERS and BLESSINGS
Here's my question to you: HAVE YOU TAKEN THE TIME TO SMELL THE ROSES?
I have. A year ago, I didn't (May 19, 2008) I was on a busted couch in Brooklyn, depressed and out of it. Not knowing if I was coming or going. I was very ill, fighting for my life or what little I had left of it. It was my birthday, which to me is like any other day, but on this particular day I really thought about what it would feel like to end it sweetly without being noticed by anyone. That's how bad it was, of course, a year prior (2007) I was diagnosed with Lupus SLE, so I know a lot of what I was feeling was due to the meds including steroids, stress and uncertainty of life. Today, I look back with a lot to be thankful for. My gratitude list looks more like a novel. Every breath I take when I wake up in the morning feels like a newborn feeding her lungs with the pleasures of life.
1. I am HERE. I may not be 100% healthy, but I look at life daily with a smile. I am given little reminders, if i'm able to walk, talk AND write, then I have nothing to complain about, well, unless i'm hungry :)
2. I am appreciated and loved by many, even strangers. Someone once told me I inspire them simply because I have the ability to make them laugh
3. Grateful to create poetry, i'm writing more and more and loving it!
4. Grateful for a new license. I went to the DMV and got my AZ driver's license, it expires when i'm 75 years old, can you believe it? Hmmmmm, at 75, where will I be in my life? Perhaps, baking cookies with organically grown grand-mas or throwing sensual poetry on stage somewhere in front of some young hot men. I know i'll be one sexy grand-ma, no muumuus' allowed in my closet, corsets are acceptable, lol
5. Grateful for good movies like the Kite Runner, it was deep, moving and magnetic
6. Good food and cooking for friends, which is what I did on Monday, it felt great to give and not expect anything in return
7. Flowers and seashells, my mom has the most beautiful seashells in her yard, they are huge, I can almost hear the sea whispering to me when I close my eyes
8. I'll keep this list short and sweet, lastly, grateful for all my blogger friends, thank you for being supportive and pushing me to write my little heart out. I will continue to dream cause we are here to dream, not to look at the number of days we have left to live.
When was the last time you held a seashell in your hand or leaned over to smell some color flowers?
This is my favorite journal, I write on it daily and have kept many pictures that are dear to me of family and friends. I am sad that i'm almost finished with it, but can't wait to get me another one with more blank pages to fill.
I keep many wonderful memories inside my journal, even the cover must be meaningful. It's the perfect gift you can give to yourself
Please tell your friends and other supporters that they can listen to my first radio appearance with Urban Echoes by visiting www.blogtalkradio.com/voicesandvibes
Lyrics, poetry and art all meshed together
Thursday, May 21, 2009
FLOWERS and BLESSINGS