Lyrics, poetry and art all meshed together

Saturday, May 27, 2006

My angel in pink



My baby is 7 years old...she means the world to me (dressed in pink Cinderella gown). It's been over five years since I've been away from Cali, I can't believe how grown she is. Each and every time I visit her, she sounds so mature...I miss her a lot. I haven't been able to find the strenght, the gutts to write a poem about her. It's not that I can't, I know I'm good with writing poetry and stories but it just hurts to put into words how I feel about her. It hurts to write about why I left...I wish she knew how much I love her. I know she understands a tiny bit but not enough...not enough to know how much it still hurts.

2 comments:

feminine expressions said...

you are now touching the really important stuff. keep trying. keep trying until your blank page turns into words and you capture not only the pain but the hope and the love contained in your reasons for leaving. you are on the right path...

Poetiq Gurl said...

Karamiel, you have a beautiful angel, and you angle has a beautiful mother. Kids understand a great deal, more than we give them credit for. My mother and father were separated when I was 7 and divorced when I was 8. So I can just imagine how your baby fills when you have to come and go, I also can understand how you must feel having to do it. A mother and daughters bond can never be broken. You are your daughter’s life source. Cherish every second, every minute, ever hour and everyday that you spend with her. Utilize that time as if it is the last time that you will ever see her, treasure it to the fullest. It’s at those times and those memories that will last a life time. That will allow your princess to see the unconditional love that you have for her, a love that will never be replaced regardless of the separation. She is a beautiful charm, and I know that you adore her precious heart. Much love Queen.